Choosing your Wedding lipstick.
When choosing your wedding lipstick I always consider a few things.
- Stick to your style. If you are a red lip person or a natural/neutral lip person don’t make a dramatic change for your wedding. If you do not wear a red lip I wouldn’t start on your wedding day. Always keep your personal style in mind.
- Lip shades can look completely different on everyone as our lip tones can vary from each person. Try it out on your lip and not just the back of your hand.
- Have a lipstick in your bag for touch ups for the day.
- Often people think by having a matte lip it will last all day and there will be no need to touch up but this isn’t always the case. I prefer something with a more creamy texture especially for nude shades. The lips can get dry throughout the day so having something moisturising on the
lip I find works best. You don’t want anything too sticky or glossy as it can transfer. When choosing a red I always prefer a matte or satin finish as it will prevent it bleeding and getting messy.
- Consider a lip pencil especially with a red lip. It will create the shape and definition on the lip and it will help the lipstick last longer.
Know your skin tone.
- Cool undertones: fair or light skin — soft mocha or nude; medium skin — pink or cranberry shades; tan or deep skin — ruby or wine shades.
- Warm undertones: fair or light skin — pale pink or peachy nudes; medium, tan or deep skin — copper or bronze shades.
- Neutral: a wide range of colors, both cool and warm tones.
Now, you don’t have to be too specific but as a guidance its always good to know. If we were looking at red lipsticks, something with a orange/coral undertone works well on a golden/warm skin tone.
Then a lipstick with a blue red undertone works well on a cool skin type.
Some of my favourites for cool undertones.
Charlotte Tilbury In love with Olivia
Charlotte Tilbury Pillowtalk
Urban Decay Liar
Charlotte tilbury Bitch Perfect Lipstick
Charlotte Tilbury Dancefloor Princess
Charlotte Tilbury Penelope Pink
MAC Cream Cup
Red shades for Golden/Warm skin
MAC Lady Danger
Charlotte Tilbury Tell Laura
Cool skin type
MAC Ruby woo
MAC Russian Red
MAC Mac Red
I hope you find these tips helpful and goodluck with your wedding day.